The Chelsea Patriot Deck Radio Room clock’s case is custom made from phenolic resin, a durable, heat resistant resin designed to last for decades. The Chelsea Patriot Deck Clock features time displayed in a classic 12/24 hour military format. The Chelsea Patriot Deck clock has a second hand that allows for a more precise time display.
The Chelsea Patriot Deck Clock is a companion piece to the Patriot Deck Barometer, the Radio Room Clock ,Patriot Deck Time-Tide Clock and Patriot Deck Tide Instrument (also pictured).
• Durable water & heat resistant black resin case
• Hinged bezel with brass screw bolt lock
• Clear, shatter-proof polycarbonate lense
• Matching black mounting hardware
Origin of the Radio Room Clock:
The sinking of the Titanic resulted in the Radio Act of 1912, requiring 24-hour radio watches at sea. The disaster also led to this clock design, which features two 3-minute periods marked in red, indicating Morse Code silence periods when only distress, urgent, and safety signals could be transmitted.Two green markings, likewise, designate silent periods on voice transmissions, where one would listen for or transmit distress signals. All ships and coastal stations kept a mandatory listening watch for such signals.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: amateur radio clock, bakelite clock, chelsea, chelsea clock, chelsea clock for sale at bellclocks.com, chelsea patriot deck clock, chelsea patriot deck radio room clock, clock, gift, government clock, ham radio clock, patriot clock, phenolic, radio room, radio room clock, ship clock, ship's clock, u s navy clock, unique gift, ww2 clock